HCPS Transportation Department
The HCPS Transportation Department’s mission is to safely transport students to and from school and other school related activities. We are dedicated to improve efficiency and make this aspect of school life a positive and safe experience for all students. This goal will only be obtain if we work together as a team; A team consisting of Transportation personnel, school personnel, students, and parents. Good communication is key to this endeavor. Please read over the information, including the forms and links on this website.
Below are a few bullet points, identifying some of the important information that you need to know.
- A student must receive a bus pass from the school office in order to be transported to any other place than his/her primary residence. Hand written or verbal messages to the bus driver is not permissible.
- Riding a bus is a privilege and not a right. Please read over the document, “Conduct on Bus” that is located on the right of this web page.
- The following procedures will be strictly enforced:
- An approved adult must be at pick-up and drop-off location for all Head Start and Pre-School students. The driver/monitor are required to do a hand to hand transfer with an approved adult for all Head Start and Pre-school students.
- An adult must be visible to the driver in order to let Kindergarten students off the bus. An older student may take responsibility for a Kindergarten student with approval from the Director of Student Services and the Director of Transportation.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to make sure that someone is home to receive students getting off the bus. Our primary concern is for the safety of our children and if there are questions regarding a child being able to get into a house, we will attempt to make contact with parent(s), but we will err on the side of caution.
- If an approved adult is not home to receive a student that is required to do a hand-to-hand transfer or an Adult is not visible to the driver for a Kindergarten student; that student will be taken back to his/her school. (Occasionally, it is necessary to bring that student back to the Transportation Department (Bus Garage) instead.
- Please ask your child’s bus driver for their contact information. It is important to have good communication with them and talk to them about possible snow routes, as some roads maybe unable to travel, even if school is in session. Drivers are not allowed to talk on their cell phones while driving, but they may pull over and call if the situation warrants.
2016-2017 HCPS Road / Bus Route / School Boundary Handbook
Click the links below to view area maps of the 2016-2017 Bus Routes
Bus 261 Bus 262 Bus 263 Bus 271 Bus 272 Bus 273 Bus 274 Bus 281 Bus 282 Bus 291 Bus 292 Bus 2101 Bus 2102 Bus 2111 Bus 2112 Bus 2121 Bus 2122 Bus 2131 Bus 2132 Bus 2141 Bus 2151 Bus 2152 Bus 2161 Bus 2162 Bus 2171 bus 2172