9th and 10th Grade College Planning Timeline
9th and 10th Grade Planner
- Talk with your guidance counselor to begin talking about colleges and careers.
- Get off to a good start with your grades. The grades you earn in ninth grade will be included in your final high school GPA and class rank.
- College might seem a long way off now, but grades really do count toward college admission and scholarships.
- Explore your interests and possible careers. Take advantage of Career Day opportunities.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities (both school and non-school sponsored).
- Talk to your parents about planning for college expenses. Continue or begin a savings plan for college.
- Meet with your guidance counselor to set your Sophomore schedule with your eyes on college and money. A tough course load may pay off with scholarships and help you get into the school of your choice.
- Ask your counselor about postsecondary enrollment options.
- Continue to explore interests and careers that you think you might like.
- Keep your grades up so you can have the highest GPA and class rank possible.
- Look at the college information available in your counselor's office, school and public libraries, and on KHEAA.
- Keep putting away money for college.