CEO Referral Process
- Referrals can be initiated by the student, parent, and/or teacher/staff member
- Reasons for referral: Attendance, family history of devaluing education, social/emotional, psychological, academic /credit issues......
- THIS IS NOT A DISCIPLINE REFERRAL PROCESS OR A RESULT OF A DISCIPLINARY ACTION, but discipline issues often times can play a major role as to why students seek an alternative placement with us.
- An initial meeting with the student will need to take place to explain our program and the expectations of our program
- Parent/ guardian permission will be sought for the student to shadow the program
- Student can then shadow the program for a given agreed upon time at the time of the referral
- some students /situation warrant a longer shadowing period
- needs to include at least 1 circle up participation
- Email to faculty of student shadowing (who needs to get? Woods, Rice, Zaring, Robbins, Rose, Bryant……)
- After shadowing, the Director will then meet with the parents and student to discuss potential for student enrollment
- Discuss details of referral, shadowing, CEO, and Expectations with all
- Student enrolls or meets back with Counseling staff, Mr. Rose or Mrs. Bryant to discuss other alternatives
CEO Referral: (additional sheets may be attached)
Student Name: ____________________________________________________ Grade: ___________________
Reason for referral: __________________________________________________________________________
On both prompts, you should add to the narrative all pertinent information.
Prior intervention (attach documentation if you have it): ______________________________________________
Working with a school counselor or private therapist is HIGHLY suggested as a minimum intervention before a student is referred to an alternative program…..
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com