The Henry County Board of Education is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing District 4. This appointment will be effective until January 1, 2021.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget. Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at the Henry County Board of Education, 326 S. Main Street, New Castle, KY 40050 or online at https://www.henry.kyschools.us/docs/district/bdvacancyapplication.pdf?id=31117 .
Mail applications to Terry L. Price, Superintendent, ATTN: BOARD VACANCY, 326 S. Main Street, New Castle, KY 40050. The deadline for applications is January 17, 2020. For questions, please call (502) 845-8612.